If you are unable to attend this job, please inform us as soon as possible, giving full reason for cancellation.
Terms and Conditions for Sign Language Interpreters and Language Professionals
1. This contract is between Manchester Deaf Centre Ltd. and the Sign Language Interpreter or Language Professional
2. The Language Professional is bound by professional confidentiality and is required to adhere to the NRCPD Code of Practice. The interpreter is also required to be able to produce their NRCPD badge when asked for I.D.
3. If the booking is cancelled for any reason we reserve the right to place the interpreter/language professional on an alternative job at the same date and time. If the interpreter refuses this alternative booking, Manchester Deaf Centre will not pay cancellation fees. If the job is cancelled and Manchester Deaf Centre cannot offer the interpreter/language professional an alternative booking, cancellation fees are due as follows:
4. Cancellation with under 7 days notice: Full Fee
Cancellation with over 7 days: No Charge
5. Our fees for Sign Language Interpreters and Lip-speakers are as follows overleaf:
Type of booking
Medical: Hospitals, GPs, Health Visitors, Opticians
Minimum 3 hour fee £130 per interpreter and £32 for each additional hour
Generic: Meetings, home visits (non medical), events, job interviews
Minimum 3 hour fee £140 per interpreter and £35 for each additional hour
Specialist: Legal, Mental Health, Child Protection, Police
Minimum 3 hour fee £ 160 per interpreter and £50 for each additional hour
Access to Work
Minimum 3 hour fee £135 per interpreter and £45 for each additional hour
6. Mileage will be paid at 40pence per mile to and from the Interpreters/language professional base. Full travel details (starting point, destination and total miles claimed) must be added to your invoice to save on paperwork. Manchester Deaf Centre Ltd. will not be able to pay travel expenses without this information. Manchester Deaf Centre does not pay for parking for any assignment.
7. Assignments outside core hours of Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm will be charged at normal fees plus 50% or at the rate agreed for specific contracts.
8. Timesheets:A timesheet MUST be signed by the interpreter/language professional and the client for each booking. Manchester Deaf Centre Ltd. will not be able to pay the language professional’s invoices without a signed timesheet which needs a printed name as well as signature in case of queries. The timesheet will be attached to the booking confirmation so that the interpreter can bring it to their assignment. For last minute bookings, Manchester Deaf Centre would ask the interpreter/language professional to sign a piece of paper with their name and the name of the client who has signed it and the date & time of the booking.
9. Invoices must be received with a signed timesheet within 14 days of the booking.
If you would like to know more about
any of our services, please get in touch.
Manchester Deaf Centre,
Booth Street East,
MONDAY - FRIDAY
09:00 – 17:00
0161 273 3415
Registered Charity Number: 1110373