Terms and Conditions for Booking of a Communication Professional(s)
1. This contract is with Manchester Deaf Centre Ltd. If the Customer is reclaiming the cost of the interpreter from another organisation (for example Access to Work or a student’s local authority) although Manchester Deaf Centre will support the Customer to reclaim the cost, the Customer is responsible for paying Manchester Deaf Centre in full within 30 days
2. The Interpreter is bound by professional confidentiality and is required to adhere to the NRCPD Code of Conduct.
3. All Interpreters placed by Manchester Deaf Centre Ltd have Professional Indemnity Insurance and a current DBS.
4. The Interpreter will interpret to the best of their ability, knowledge and belief. However, no guarantee can be given as to the absolute accuracy of any interpretation. Manchester Deaf Centre Ltd will only place interpreters with the relevant skills and experience to competently undertake the work.
5. We may advise that more than 1 BSL interpreter needs to be booked for certain assignments for co-working support and quality assurance. This will be at our discretion and Manchester Deaf Centre Ltd will always discuss this with the booker before booking additional interpreters
6. Manchester Deaf Centre may book NRCPD registered Trainee Interpreters in an appropriate setting. In this case, the booking fee will be £120 (this sessional fee covers up to 3 hours) and £30 for each additional hour. Manchester Deaf Centre will only book NRCPD registered Trainee Interpreters with relevant skills and experience to undertake the assignment.
7. Once a booking has been confirmed, either verbally or in writing, it is binding. Should it become necessary to cancel the booking, the following charges will be made:
Cancellation Terms and Conditions
15 days’ notice or more before the booking date: no cancellation fee
8-14 days’ notice before the booking date: 50% cancellation fee
1-7 days’ notice before the booking date: full charge applies
8. The customer agrees to pay Manchester Deaf Centre Ltd the following professional fees for the provision of Interpreters and all other Communication Professionals. Please note all sessional fees cover bookings up to 3 hours in length and are inclusive of travel fees:
Type of Booking
Hospitals, GPs, Health Visitors, Opticians, etc.
£140 per interpreter and £35 for each additional hour
Generic: Meetings, home visits (non-medical), events, job interviews, etc.
£150 per interpreter and £40 for each additional hour
Specialist: Legal, Mental Health, Child Protection, Police, Academia, Bespoke (e.g. BSL video translation)
£160 per interpreter and £50 for each additional hour
Specialist performance interpreting.
£60 per hour
£130 per note-taker (up to 3 hours) and £35 for each additional hour
Access to Work Bookings
- Manchester Deaf Centre must see proof of the allocated ATW budget before we can make any interpreter bookings
- The client/ATW budget holder is responsible for ensuring claim forms are signed
9. Assignments outside core hours of Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm will be charged at normal fees plus 50%.
10. The customer agrees to remittance terms and conditions i.e. to pay Manchester Deaf Centre Ltd invoices in full within 30 days of receipts
If you would like to know more about
any of our services, please get in touch.
Manchester Deaf Centre,
Booth Street East,
MONDAY - FRIDAY
09:00 – 17:00
0161 273 3415
Registered Charity Number: 1110373