Tailored to the needs of healthcare staff, this interactive online session aims to raise your awareness of the common barriers experienced by people who are deaf or hard of hearing when accessing healthcare services. It will provide you with communication tactics, best practice, and simple ways to improve your service.
- understanding different levels of hearing loss
- British Sign Language vs English
- differences between hearing and Deaf cultures
- communication skills and tips
- issues with mask wearing
- improving systems
- Accessible Information Standard
- communication support available / BSL–English interpreters
Delivered by one of our experienced, profoundly Deaf tutors.
Or for more information, to make a booking, or to discuss your training needs, please contact us:
Tel: 0161 273 3415 / 07917 368832
If you would like to know more about
any of our services, please get in touch.
Manchester Deaf Centre,
Booth Street East,
MONDAY - FRIDAY
09:00 – 17:00
0161 273 3415
Registered Charity Number: 1110373