Our Deaf Awareness courses aim to raise your awareness of different types of hearing loss and provide you with communication tactics and best practice when dealing with D/deaf colleagues, customers and clients.
This 2-hour webinar is a shorter version of our standard Deaf Awareness courses, designed for online delivery. It is perfect as a staff training and development option where staff are working remotely or furloughed due to Covid-19.Content includes:
- differences in communication needs according to a person’s type of deafness
- British Sign Language vs English
- differences between hearing and deaf cultures
- technological aids and equipment
- communication support, note-taking and interpreting services
- communication skills
- simple ways you can improve your service
Delivered by one of our experienced, profoundly Deaf tutors.
Or for more information, to make a booking, or to discuss your training needs, please contact us: T: 0161 273 3415 / 07917 368832 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to know more about
any of our services, please get in touch.
Manchester Deaf Centre,
Booth Street East,
MONDAY - FRIDAY
09:00 – 17:00
0161 273 3415
Registered Charity Number: 1110373